He made all things beautiful!!

He made all things beautiful!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's time to Mature

While spending time with the Lord this morning I asked Him, "Lord teach me what it means to deny myself, pick up my cross and follow you."  I remembered Jesus speaking to Peter saying, if anyone comes AFTER me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and FOLLOW me! Matthew 16:24.  And as I keep communing with Him, he showed me that my plans, goals, dreams, and hopes are to be laid down, and in full faith and confidence in Him, I take those things that He desires.  His thoughts becoming my thoughts, His heart becoming my heart, His plans for the day becoming my plans.  Not that having my own plans is a bad thing, but it is the Lord who orders my steps and lay the path for me to take. 

The Holy Spirit revealed areas in me where I was still immature.  Not in the sense of being childlike in my actions but in the way I thought.  He revealed to me that I am full of knowledge, and Word and Wisdom but instead of empyting myself fully into the lives of others, I hold onto it taking on the nature of a child asking "show me more, teach me more," but what I have done with what He has already shown me or taught me?  Why was I bold to speak to some people but not everyone about the goodness of the Lord?  Why did I feel as if I was unskilled in the Lord?  But He taught me, gave me His mind and His Word, yet I still felt that I needed to be taught instead of being the one to teach.  Hebrews 5:12-14 talks about being spiritually immature only being able to digest milk. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

So the Lord encouraged my heart today - by letting me know that He has taught me, He has equipped me, I have His mind and now I have His mission.  Become skillful in Me, teach the people what the "I the Lord" says, teach them who "I" am. This is maturity!!!  Once that has been poured out, then the Father will fill me again with more of Him to learn and grow in and then teach to the nations.  And the nations can represent anyone, it can truly be the nations, or your community, your state, your neighborhood, your family members, your co-workers. 

What was received from this moment, it is "time to mature."It is time to be skillful in the things of the Lord."  After all Saints, the earth waits in great expectation for the manifestations of the Sons and Daughters of God.  Let's not keep her waiting, Let's Mature together!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment