He made all things beautiful!!

He made all things beautiful!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't forsake the new babes in Christ!!!

Being a christian really is the best thing that has ever happened to me!  Yes, the birth of my children and the milestone of being married over 20 years is wonderful.  But the moment I made the decision to choose Jesus as my "Lord and Savior," there is no feeling on Earth that could compare to that.

My only regrets would be not being discipled by those who were mature christians.  I learned how to be "churchy" but I did not learn how to live holy.  Sure I was always told what I could not do in Christ, but it wasn't until I went on my own spiritual journey with Him that I learned that there is much I can do in Him. 

I think at times we forget that new babes in Christ must be nurtured before they can go out there on their own.  Yes, they have so much excited and joy when first coming to the Lord, but we must remember that they are newborns in Christ and they need to be taught the fundamentals and basic principles of Discipleship! They will need to be bottle fed first, then they will grow to solid food. What it really means to live this life, what you will have to die to, sacrifice, grow in, endure and wait on. 

These are the moments where we are losing so many.  Most times we expect them to be spiritually where we mature Christians are and we are disappointed when they do not meet our expectations (measure).  Here is where we must show compassion, patience and forbearance.  Some of them will still be dirty when they come to the Lord, some will still be broken, some will still curse, some will still lie.  In most will be instant deliverance and there will be times where the deliverance will be a process. However, we are to remember (2 Corinthians 5:17 -- Therefore, if any one is in Christ's, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.)

That's where we come in, to go through the process with them.  To not give up on them, to teach them how to walk, how to eat God's Word, to stand on their own in Faith.  The Lord is doing a new thing in their lives, but we cannot rush the process.  (Philippians 1:6 -- being confident of this very things, that He that has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.)  The Lord Jesus will complete the work in every believer (especially those new to the Lord) and our position is to work RIGHT ALONG side Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment